Nina Fukuma [President]
Year, Major: 3rd Year, Psychobiology
- Responsibilities: Nina presides over BiF meetings, creates new positions or committees when deemed necessary, informs members of upcoming volunteer opportunities, and keeps in contact with JSEI Affiliates, JSEI MDs, and JSEI ODs.
- Other extracurricular activities/hobbies: Surfing, basketball, hiking, roller skating, boogie boarding, food adventures, winning carnival prizes
- Random Fact: I have a really long second toe! If E.T. needed extras, I would probably be the perfect fit. :P
PRIYA SWATCh [Internal Health Fair Director]
- Year, Major: 4th year, Psychobiology
- Responsibilities: Priya organizes members who are attending a health fair, collects research data/statistics from intake forms from health fairs, distributes and collects program evaluations, and is in charge of supplies needed for the health fairs, along with the External HF Director.
- Other extracurricular activities/hobbies: Globemed, BPSHI, Indus, brunching and exploring LA!
- Random Fact: I can read and write in 4 languages
NINA PHAM [External Health Fair Director]
- Year, Major: 4th Year, Psychobiology
- Responsibilities: Nina communicates and collaborates with other student organizations in health fair planning, finds new events and health fairs whenever possible, and is in charge of supplies needed for the health fairs, along with the Internal HF Director.
- Other extracurricular activities/hobbies: On my days off I enjoy spontaneous adventures and napping.
- Random Fact: On average, a person blinks 17 times a minute. I am currently obsessed with flannels and strawberry salad.
NISHTHA CHAVDA [Finance Director]
- Year, Major: 2nd Year, Neuroscience
- Responsibilities: Nishtha applies for funding each year, manages the BiF account at the University Bank, directs fundraising events, collects membership fees, and stays in touch with the JSEI Finance Department to get funds when necessary.
- Other extracurricular activities/hobbies: volunteering at the Jules Stein Eye Center; Mental Health Initiative
- Random Fact: I love biking! :D
Kaitlin Dunlevy [bif-jules stein liaison]
- Year, Major: 5th Year, Molecular, Cell, Developmental Biology
- Responsibilities:Kaitlin maintains the Bruin Vision Project volunteer database and contact list, responds to emails and questions regarding membership, and aids members through the JSEI Affiliate application process. Kaitlin will also organize the squad system to encourage member socialization and a director mentorship program.
- Other extracurricular activities/hobbies: Asian Pacific Health Corp, Nikkei Student Union, American Medical Student Association, traveling, trying new restaurants around LA, and going to UCLA sporting events!
- Random Fact: I've been to 19 countries so far! My most recent trip was in India for a medical mission! Oh, and I love boba!
AMY NEIDEFFER [publicity director]
- Year, Major: 4th Year, Biology
- Responsibilities: Amy maintains the website, sends out weekly emails/Facebook messages with event info and updates, and directs membership recruitment.
- Other extracurricular activities/hobbies: Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority, music, exploring L.A., going to UCLA sports events, intern at Hollywood Vision Center
- Random fact: My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chip!!
NATALIE SARUKHANIAN [COMMUNITY RELATIONS DIRECTOR]
- Year, Major: 4th Year, Psychobiology
- Responsibilities: Natalie maintains constant communication with other UCLA groups, Establishes new relations with other groups Look into possible guest speakers for meetings, and is the interface with CAC Liaison. She also attends CPO PD meetings hosted by CPOSA and collects program evaluations.
- Other extracurricular activities/hobbies: Volunteer at JSEI Vision Rehabilitation Center, going to LA Kings games
- Random Fact (s): I’ve seen every episode of Friends!